If you or your institution are looking for high-level digital expertise, but aren’t sure how you’d afford it, I’m here to help. Instead of hiring a full-time Chief Digital Officer, you pay a flat monthly rate for the same services and expertise at a fraction of the cost. Think of it as digital strategy on demand.
How does it work?
You set the number of hours per month you’d like me to be available, and you determine how long you’d like the engagement to last. For that time, I am all yours. I can work on specific projects, act as your “head of digital”, or fill in with other digital roles as needed. If you want to dedicate me to a specific project or have me work on 10 different projects, that’s up to you.
What do you get?
You get a seasoned, well-connected professional who can take your digital efforts to the next level. Here’s a partial list of what I could do for you:
- Develop and implement digital strategy;
- Oversee redesign and ongoing management of your website;
- Assess and implement collections and digital asset management systems;
- Develop job descriptions and assist with hiring;
- Manage the development of exhibition interactives, including mobile applications;
- Liase with your board on tech/digital strategy;
- Write and edit technical grant proposals;
- Coordinate with vendors, consultants, and other third parties.
Why should you hire me?
I have over 15 years of experience developing and implementing digital strategies for museums, at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Blanton Museum of Art, the Indianapolis Museum of Art, and the Denver Art Museum. I’ve been a board member of the Museum Computer Network, I founded Drinking About Museums, I’ve presented or keynoted at Museums and the Web, AAM, AAMD, MuseumNext, WMA, and more. When you hire me, you don’t just get me; you get my connections to the entire museum technology sector as well.See my portfolionavigate_next
If this sounds like what you need, then please get in touch! We can have a quick phone call to sort out the right approach to your specific scenario.